Sunday, April 26, 2015

*Ride for a Cure by N.C. Winters


N.C. Winters - Ride for a Cure


~*~*~*~ Blurb ~*~*~*~

It’s almost love at first sight when a chance encounter at a local bakery, called Sweet Treats, brings Grayson James in close proximity with the woman who may change his life forever – Tanley West. Looking to place a large order for his charitable event, Grayson isn’t prepared for the connection he feels with the beautiful woman across the counter. 


Tanley has never been much for the dating scene, but this might all change when she lays eyes on the handsome cowboy. His very presence nearly brings her to her knees. Taking his order proves to be more complicated than she bargained for, as she tries to keep her composure on the outside when she’s all but swooning on the inside. Somehow, she manages to get through the ordeal - that is until one text message changes everything… 

True love and a happily-ever-after may be the frosting on the cake for this baker, but only if she’s brave enough to reach out and grab it with both hands.

~*~*~*~ Excerpt ~*~*~*~

Oh my God, when that man walked in I swear I thought my knees were going to collapse under me. He was easily six foot, with dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, 

wearing a tight-ass pair of wrangler jeans and a white t-shirt which hugged his body enough for me to know he was seriously ripped. 

I could see a tattoo peeking out of the edge of his sleeve, but couldn’t fully make out what it was. The hottie wore a cowboy hat which he immediately removed when he started talking to me. 

The second he was out the door, I immediately ran to the back to find Presley. Presley and I have been friends our entire lives, 

neither one of us came from a family who had much of anything and it was always our dream to own a bakery together. 

So, as soon as we graduated high school we enrolled in The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Dallas,

working two jobs each so we could have enough money for everything we needed to start our business. 

The building was given to me by my dad’s friend Jamie. He had owned it as long as I could remember, but had never used it for anything. 

We’d been open about a year now and business was thriving for us. 

“Pres! Where the hell are you!” I was hollering as I walked all through the back looking for her. As I headed toward our office I heard her hang up the phone. “Hey, Tan, I'm in here” I went in and plopped down at my desk which sat next to hers. “Okay, ummm, Tan…what the hell? You look love struck,” she said laughing. I couldn't help but smile at her. “Love struck, no, but totally slobbering on myself, yes,” I laughed as I tossed her the slip I’d made for the sweets Grayson had ordered. 

“What the hell, Tan?? Almost three thousand people and you’re not charging him?” I sat up in my chair a little straighter. “Pres, he runs the Ride for a Cure organization. He does amazing things for children. 

The least we can do to give back is make some damn sweets.” She leaned back in her chair giving me her uh-huh look. “Are you doing this for that reason, Tanley West, or are you doing it because he’s sexy?” She let out a giggle. “How dare you insinuate I would do that? I mean, yea, he’s beyond sexy. He is a serious sexy all on his own.” I laughed, but continued to convince my partner that what I’d done was the right thing to do. “I’ve heard of his organization before and it really is amazing what he does for people. So, I want to give back in a way, ya know?” I leaned forward, looking at my friend, giving her my most serious stare. “Plus I love horses, you know that, and I’ll do whatever I can to help a child, especially a special needs child have the opportunity to get to experience such an amazing animal.” 

Presley just smiled over at me indulgently. “Well, I'm glad we can help in some way, but I'm so leaving it up to you to tell the employees what they have to look forward to next week.” I laughed as I stood up to head out to the bakery. “Yea, you’re so right. They’re going to hate my ass.” Presley nodded her head and grinned as she walked out of the office. “Yep, they sure are.”

Available here:

~*~*~*~ Available on Amazon ~*~*~*~



***Bio***


N.C Winters has called West Virginia home for a over 20 years, she resides there with her husband Shawn and there four kids. She is 100% country and loves mudding and traveling the back roads with her family. The quickest way to her heart is with flowers and a reese cup. She loves country boys, reading and a happy ending.

Connect with NC:
twitter @Authorncwinters



No comments:

Post a Comment