Monday, February 15, 2016

Aboard the Wishing Star by Debra Parmley



Aboard the Wishing Star
by Debra Parmley
Genre: Contemporary Romance



When Kara's, husband is shot and killed in front of her in what she's told is a random act of violence, she becomes convinced the world is unsafe. Her life is quiet and predictable, until she wins a Caribbean cruise for two and takes along her best friend. On her trip she meets Nate, a scuba dive instructor and marine. He'll teach her to face her fear of deep water and teach her to snorkel. Will Kara learn to trust him with her heart, when she fears this shipboard romance will reach an end and she'll never see him again, leaving her broken hearted? When Kara's boss shows up at their first port of call unexpectedly, Nate's protective nature comes out. Her creepy boss becomes more aggressive after she returns to Ohio and when she calls Nate he gets on the first plane. Can Nate rescue her?

My Review

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
When I was younger I used to watch 'The Love Boat' on television... Okay, yes this shows my age, but this book took me back a little bit to that, but with a suspenseful feel to it also. Cara lost her husband to a random act of violence when she saw him gunned down in cold blood. Now she is ready to take some steps toward claiming her life back from that nightmare and she and her long-time friend go on a cruise that she hopes will be a step in that direction.

This book surprised me with the twists that Ms. Parmley threw in. She made me want to use a few choice words and come to hate a certain character who I won't mention as I don't want to give anything away, but you will see when you read it. I fell in love with Nate and Kara during this story. It is well written and I will enjoy passing this title on as a recommendation to my friends. 




Debra:

Debra Parmley loves spreading love, one story at a time. Fascinated by fairy tales and folktales ever since she was a young girl, she has always ended her stories with a happy ever after.

Debra enjoys writing, reading, playing at being a medieval lady in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) and world travel. Her work as a travel consultant gave her the opportunity to visit many countries and her luggage often carried him folk tales from the countries she has visited.

Her three favorite things are dark chocolate, visiting the beach and ocean, and hearing from her readers. Each card, letter and email is a treasured gift, like finding that perfect shell upon the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment