Author: Alicia Rae
Genre: Contemporary Romance 18+
Publication Date: October 20, 2014
Event Organized By: Literati Author Services, Inc.
~ Synopsis ~*Book 6 in The Beautiful Series or Standalone* All Blake Johnson knows is the life of a Marine. After serving his country for eight years, he returns to his family for some rest and rehabilitation. Fighting an internal war, he battles sleepless nights as images of his former military days haunt him. From the moment Audrey Hampton walks into his life, he is drawn to her. Her beauty leaves him breathless and weak in the knees. She kindles a spark of hope deep within his soul, igniting a part of himself he feared was missing. Her never-ending compassion for others opens his heart in a way he never dreamed. But Audrey is hiding wounds of her own. Returning to Lake Tahoe to care for her ill mother triggers painful childhood memories of her parents’ loveless marriage, reminding her there is no such thing as true love. Will Blake’s resolve be powerful enough to open Audrey’s sealed heart? Or will Audrey fear the past and risk losing the man who could give her life a new found purpose? Can two wounded souls become one?
We hopped out of my Ford and began to walk up to Skydive Tahoe. As we neared, Audrey caught sight of the sign that finally came into view, realizing where I had taken her. Her feet came to a dead stop, and her head whipped up to stare at me. A combination of excitement and fear flashed in her eyes.
“Are you one of those secret adrenaline junkies?”
A chuckle escaped from deep in my chest as I realized this could go one way or another. “Hmm…I might have been called something along the lines of that a time or two before.” I gave her a lopsided grin and reached for her hand. “Don’t worry. This place has excellent credentials. In the Marines, most missions required airdrop. I have done this so many times that I can do this in my sleep. I can personally say it’s one of the most exhilarating experiences I’ve ever had.” I hesitated, reading her expression. The interest was definitely winning, so I challenged her. “You with me?”
She bit her lip and glanced between the building and me. Just when I thought fear might take over, she shocked the hell out of me by grinning. “You only live once, right?”
“Hell yes,” I reflected her enthusiasm. “So, every day counts.”
Audrey squeezed my hand while snuggling into me. “Then, let’s do it.” She teasingly pinned me with her eyes. “But if my parachute fails, I’m going to come back as a ghost and haunt you.”
I set my hand on her cheek and tenderly caressed her soft skin. “I would never let anything happen to you, Audrey.” My voice was confident and reassuring as I said, “I have my military A license in parachuting, so you and I will be jumping together. I’ll be strapped to your back with our parachute and an emergency one, not that we’ll need it.” I knew there was no way in hell I would have brought her here and put her fate in someone else’s hands.
“So, if I go into shock and possibly faint, you can pull the cord?” she asked with humor.
“Yep, I got your back.” I leaned forward and kissed her. “Always.”
~ About the Author ~
Connect with the Author
Ten things that inspire me…
1. My family—I’m very blessed to have a husband and family who truly support me unconditionally. That is the greatest inspiration any writer could ever ask for.
2. My three boys—They continue to amaze me every day with their free-spirited imaginations and pure hearts.
3. My readers—There is nothing sweeter than hearing that someone loved one of my novels. Each time, it makes me want to stop what I’m doing and go back to my writing cave.
4. Love—Every girl dreams of falling in love and having her perfect happily ever after. I love to give that to my characters, and I hope to share their stories with others.
5. Reading—There is nothing better than losing yourself in a story. I fight the battle very often. Do I read or write? I’m very passionate about both.
6. Authors—I have so many favorite books. I could never choose just ten. So many authors have made me cry, melt into a puddle, and laugh out loud, causing my husband to look at me as if I’ve lost my mind. Then, I’m usually left with a major book hangover. After reading an unthinkable amount of books in 2012, I give many thanks to all the authors who inspired me to write love stories of my own.
7. Emotions—We all have them, and we try to control them, tame them, or let them flow. I have taken a leap of faith in the writing world as I poured my emotions into The Beautiful Series. I took a chance on myself when I wrote Beautiful Chances, My Beautiful, Beautiful Dreams, and now, Beautiful Ties.
8. People—At heart, I am an observer. I love to watch people interact, smile, and laugh while they embrace a moment. Life is too short not to take a chance on your dreams.
9. Music—I have always loved music. Since I started writing, my love for it has intensified. Now, I find certain songs unleashing scenes in my mind, forcing me to run and search for the closest thing—paper, napkin, or anything within my reach to write my ideas down on.
10. Day-to-day living—You never know what is going to happen the next day or even the next moment in your life. I’ve learned to be thankful for each moment, every person, and every experience that I have.
Signed Beautiful Book Set
$25.00 Victoria Secret Gift Card
Follow the Romp Click the Button